Rojak is a regular collection of assorted links as well as a bulletin summarising the week (or thereabouts) on this blog.
Agustina Woodgate walks into local thrift stores and sews bits of poetry onto clothes for the O, MIAMI festival. [via YouTube]
They are making a film of David Mitchell’s Cloud Atlas. [via Conversational Reading]
While we’re on that, here’s his Paris Review interview. [via The Paris Review]
An interview with Brad Pitt about The Tree of Life. [via The Telegraph]
Producing your doctoral thesis on John Banville while in the same city and avoiding stalking him. [via The Millions] (Well, the article is a lot greater than I’m making it sound. Please have a look.)
Kate Beaton on sexism, feminism, and strong female characters. [via Hark! A Vagrant]
Alex Ross visits the graves of Stravinsky and Nono. [via Alex Ross: The Rest Is Noise]
Morrissey speaks to Pitchfork about trying to get a label for his yet-to-be-recorded album. [via Pitchfork]
- I said hi to Julio Cortázar.
- I also said hi to Samuel Beckett.
- Clarence Clemons has died.
- A new Radiohead song.
- Janelle Monáe and Radiohead at Glastonbury.
- The Singapore Theatre Festival website is up.
- A new Deborah Eisenberg story.
- A new James Joyce biography.
- Also on Joyce, Bloomsday.